Back To The Home Page
I have managed to achieve electrical rotation of my machine in Dec 2011. At this stage very slowly, about 1 rev per sec, or 7 meters per sec field, or outer circumferential rotation. Ran it for about 10 minute sessions for a few days with no disasters. It is still using small guide wheels, so there will be a lot of friction. Will devise a way to retract the wheels next, and hope the rotor's levitation stabilizes with increased rotation. With no friction this should enable a much greater rotational speed, with no increase in power consumption, which is now about 80 to 180 watts.  I am using 3 car batteries in series for 36vdc.

The electronics required for the drive have taken a considerable time. I have had a steep learning curve, but the system is now reasonably stable. Extra headaches have been added as the motor lends itself to being controlled in a way similar to the Lutec motor/generator, which is claimed to be an overunity devise. This requires a much shorter time for the coils to be powered for each step of the motor.

A light duty gantry has been constructed so the machine can be readily dismantled by one person. In the last few weeks I have removed the rotor and made some modifications. The first one is the size and strength of the drive magnets. The originals are only 30mm long and this forces the machine to switch 504 times per rev. I have found some ferrite magnets 40mm long which have the equivalent magnetic field strength at about 10mm distance compared with 3mm distance now. I have joined 4 of these together for a magnet of 160mm length. The Hall sensors will also benefit from the increased clearance gained from the greater mag field strength, and I have found a way to concentrate or increase this with a ferrite bead behind the Hall sensor head.

The coils have required alteration to match the length of the drive magnets. Four coils have been joined together in a curved arrangement. Bench testing has found this to be a very powerful combination. The coils are cut from a F&P Smartdrive washing machine motor stator.

Balancing has also been done. Static balancing by situating the rotor vertically, and dynamically by fitting a balance ring. I have used a copper tube, and will probably use brass bearing balls in oil to achieve balance. Will test first with the tube empty.

Mercury can also be used. This material is difficult to obtain and needs to be handled with caution. It is probable that mercury may be the better choice, and in larger quantities. My theories regarding this machine are that it could be either rotating magnetic fields or rotating mass that may lead to gravitation anomalies. My idea is to hedge my bets, using both mass and magnetic fields, and hopefully increase the chance of success by levitating the rotor to isolate it from ground/machine frame.

Earnshaw's Theorem tells us that it is impossible to create stable static levitation using only ferromagnetism, and that is why I am having problems getting the rotor to stabilize. I am hoping that the rotation will change the way the fields react by becoming dynamic levitation.
Initially the levitation magnet faces were all 15mm apart. This was very unstable. The rotor appears to pull itself around the curve of the magnetic flux lines towards an area of attracting polarity. The tighter the curve, the stronger the effect. The axial magnets above and below the rotor are easily adjustable, and by increasing the distance between faces to about 35mm the stability was dramatically improved. The circumferential magnets are not adjustable. I altered the frame magnet holder and set the magnets back to 27mm, and cut an angled area to fit other magnets at 45d. All this helped a little. I may need to rebuild this holder to obtain
35mm clearance. If all else fails I may need to build a hub and spokes arrangement to hold it central for testing the concept.
In the last few months I have also been working on a Virtual Machine.